Fish, Tree & Native Seed Sales
2021 McLean County Plat Books
The McLean County Soil and Water Conservation District offers the 2021 McLean County Plat Book for purchase. Plat Books are $35 Cash or Check or $40 by Credit Card. Contact our Office at 309-452-3848 ext 3 to purchase.
Porcupine Fish Attractors For Sale
Porcupine Fish Attractors improve spawning habitat while providing valuable structure for all species of fish in all size lakes. From farm ponds to big reservoirs these fish attractors help anglers biologists and professional lake management companies enhance quantity and quality. Used by professional guides tournament anglers and more to attract fish to specific locations. Works great around piers boathouses docks or main lake creek channels and flats. Designed to help you catch fish without losing hooks or lures! Easily assembled and installed. Stays put. Shows up good on LCR and flasher sonar units. Mark your spots with GPS or landmarks for both night and ice fishing trips. Fish relate to them quickly as algae and plankton form to attract baitfish luring larger fish to their locale. Provides refuge and shade to young fish too increasing survival rates. Make great fishing spots out of unproductive waters. Doesn’t deteriorate when submerged. Environmentally friendly. 4% Fee for Credit Cards, shipping not available
Native Seed and Pollinator Habitat is available for purchase through the McLean County Soil and Water Conservation District. Brochures, mixes and various companies are displayed on our brochure board. Please contact our office or pickup a flyer.
Native Seed Drills Available To Rent
The McLean County Pheasants Forever chapter has made three Truax Drills available for wildlife habitat installation in McLean County. These drills were purchased in cooperation with Illinois DNR through Habitat Stamp funds purchased by Illinois Hunters. Reporting of seeding is required to maintain records of habitat installed.
Rental Agreement Details: Checks made payable to: Pheasants Forever
- $250 Security Deposit (Returned when equipment is returned in good working order. **Operable and Clean) Drill inspection is made by Resource Conservationist, and must be dropped off with the employee present.
- $50 per Business Day Cost. (Planter to be picked up and returned on same day. If not, an additional $50 charge for each day utilized.
- $100 per Business Day for Waterway Seedings
Learn how to calibrate the Drill for the Correct Seeding Rate Per Acre
- Minimum 50 Horsepower Tractor
- Drill has Pioneer ends and 2 hydraulic Lines for raising/lowering
- A truck with a hitch pin needed for transport (45mph max speed)
- Drill is pulled with a tow bar
- Drill is 8 feet wide and does 5 feet of planting
- The three seed boxes are capable of planting native seed mixes, pollinator habitat, food plots, and cool season plantings.
Tree Planter available for Rent
The McLean County Pheasants Forever chapter has made a tree planter available for wildlife habitat installation in McLean County. This tree planter was purchased in cooperation with Illinois DNR through Habitat Stamp funds purchased by Illinois Hunters. Reporting of tree seedling installation is required to maintain records of habitat installed.
Rental Agreement Details: Checks made payable to: McLean County SWCD
- $250 Security Deposit (Returned when equipment is returned in good working order. **Operable and Clean) Planter inspection is made by Resource Conservationist, and must be dropped off with the employee present
- $.03 per Tree Seedling Cost. (Planter to be picked up and returned on same day. A $30 minimum charge is required.
- Minimum 50 Horsepower Tractor with 3 Point attachment
- A truck with a 2″ ball needed for transport (35mph max speed)
- Planter is pulled on a trailer
- Planter is capable of planting up to 4-5′ bare root trees
Fish and Pond Literature
(click on the images below to view publications)
Orange marking flags are available in bundles of 100 for $12.00 per bundle.